Monday, August 23, 2010

PACIFIC RESORT: Rarotonga

The crew and my fams on Muri Beach, Rarotonga
My family and I had our 'every five years' holiday recently in Rarotonga.  Yep I know that is sad, too much work to do ya'll!

Met a lot of cool people and it has to be said Rarotonga has some of the most nicest people I have met in all my travels (Bangkok was similar actually, must be that warm weather and good food!).

Muri Lagoon
One of our mates (thanks Shannon) managed to hook us up a glass bottom boat trip out on the lagoon in Muri. As you can tell from the pictures the water is spectacular - snorkelling in Muri was by far the dopest thing that I have ever done. I mean look at this water! And really with all those airlines competing all the time there are really cheap airfares to get to a place that takes the same amount of time it takes to drive to Taupo from Auckland! The Pacific is our back yard people!

Our boys really enjoyed the snorkelling, my in-laws thought it was 'brilliant' and neither of them got into the water, my wife took pictures and wondered why she isn't home more often!?

Rarotonga is a holiday destination, so that is what you do when you get there... We did try and do some work which we did a little but internet was slow (well for the 50-150 daily emails we receive) and honestly it was really important for us to chill for the time we were there.

I came back from Rarotonga after playing at Rehab ( its a night club, not a rehabilitation centre...or is it??) in August. I was supposed to be in Rarotonga longer but missed my flight from Hawaii (long story) so ended up cutting my time in Rarotonga short.

Feeding the fish, Muri Lagoon
This time I got to stay at Pacific Resort (thanks D). Special mention has to go to the staff - the food was outstanding. Ya know, one thing when you travel and work, its imperative that you find good food.  Everything I ordered tasted good! The Pacific Burger, the island fries, the Smoked Marlin and Pawpaw, there is nothing lacking here.

Anyway before I start rambling on about the food and losing focus - definitely check out Pacific Resort Rarotonga if you are travelling those ways and without a doubt check out their Aitutaki boutique resort if you head that way too.  Perhaps a future update will be from there!  Kaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment